Friday, May 23, 2014

Five minute Friday: May 22, 2014

Today's word: close

A couple of years ago, we went to adopt a dog at a local animal shelter. We were so disappointed and shocked when Colette ended up with hives after coming in contact with a dog. A couple of weeks later, my fears were confirmed at the allergist's office when she came up as having moderate to severe dog allergies.

Now, we're looking at labradoodles. I've been looking since then, on and off, but holding back due to the high cost as well as the possibility that she will still be allergic to this so-called hypoallergenic dog.

Well, I decided - finally - to make a decision about it. Tomorrow, we are on our way to visit a breeder in NJ to expose her to a labradoodle and see if she has any reaction. The kids don't know yet and I am very guarded about it. I don't want to hope because honestly I'm not really expecting it to work out.

But still, with every encouraging text exchange with the breeder, I'm feeling a little more hopeful. I don't want my hopes to be dashed, but it seems we've found a great lady who's very willing to work with us. I know this has no bearing on whether or not Colette will start sneezing and her eyes tearing up when we meet this dog, but somehow, it makes me feel like having a dog may FINALLY be in reach for our family. I hope I'm not wrong.

Whatever happens, it's suddenly become a very good possibility. I can almost taste it. We're getting close.

No comments: