Friday, June 6, 2014

Five minute Friday: one Friday ago

Word: nothing.

Fittingly, I could think of nothing I really wanted to write about with this word, which is why it's taken me an entire week to post something. More specifically, I wasn't inspired by anything. I had some ideas here and there, but nothing really grabbed me and therefore I just let it go. Nothing was the result.

This is my problem overall. If I can't find inspiration, I'll have nothing to write about. Maybe it's that way with everyone, but at SOME point, that inspiration will come along - from a person, from a book, from a particular experience in your life. As far as writing that elusive book of mine, I've simply been uninspired. I do have one idea that keeps coming back to me, which makes me think it's worth pursuing, but at the same time it's a bit overwhelming, the idea of writing a novel. So that keeps me doing nothing, creatively speaking.

My days are full of a variety of things; it's not like I sit around doing nothing all the time. I take care of the house, shopping, school-related activities and obligations. Cooking, sometimes, if I feel like it. :) Once 3 o'clock hits things generally amp up in the business department. But in terms of writing, it seems like it's been a lot of nothing. I'm wondering when that will change.

No comments: