Thursday, September 4, 2008

Waste? I want not.

Our current bathroom renovation project of our downstairs powder room has prompted us to look for a new toilet. So Zach and I, being the thorough people that we are, decided to look at Consumer Reports to aid us in choosing a new toilet. More than just white or almond, there are so many potty-bilities nowadays when it comes to choosing a new toilet. Loud flush, medium, or quiet? How many gallons of water? Elongated bowl or round? It almost boggles the mind.

Add in to this already difficult decision the toilet’s overall appearance. You’ve got your basic white porcelain bowl if you’re more of the conservative or classic personality. Well, they also have these fancy toilets - like the tank has detailing and stuff, kind of like crown molding. For those who hold their bodily secretions to a higher standard. Well, they have these silly names for the aforementioned fancy toilets. One was "Portrait." For a TOILET. Because this toilet is pretty as a picture. Or, perhaps because the toilet is just a beautiful frame, showcasing what is inside. But my personal favorite was "Memoirs." Seriously - who thinks up these names? I imagine they just sit there around a conference table at the ad agency giggling, wondering if anyone is going to make the connection between a toilet and MEMOIRS. I don't know about you, but when I flush the toilet, I don't want any "memoirs" of my experience left behind. I consider myself to be a sentimental person, but even I think you have to draw the line somewhere – a line that is comprised, apparently, of toilet paper.


No comments: